Studies & Publications
“Kevin J. Pauza, M.D., a renowned Physician, educator, and medical innovator, was awarded Pennsylvania State University’s most distinguished Alumni Award, the Alumni Fellow Award, Pennsylvania State President Graham Spanier announced. Pauza was chosen from a field of approximately half a million alumni.
Dr. Pauza, an Interventional Spine Specialist, is co-founder of the Texas Spine and Joint Hospital, a hospital ranked in the Nation’s top 5% for Spine Surgery excellence, which successfully performs more Interventional Spine procedures annually than any other hospital.
Dr. Pauza has written over 100 international lectures, scientific papers, and text book chapters. His research and patents cause his peers to place him in the forefront of treating severe spinal disorders. Recently, North American Spine Society bestowed its highest honor on him for his research. He is the first physician in the history of his specialty to pursue FDA approval for using biologics to treat the spine. Presently, and in the future, thousands of patients will benefit from his development of minimally invasive treatments for degenerative disc disease in the lumbar/cervical spine.
Because of his work, Dr. Pauza has appeared on CBS National News, CBS Sunday Morning, the Discovery Network Documentary, and other programs. Additionally he has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, and The Wall Street Journal.
In addition to his research, business, philanthropic, and clinical endeavors, Dr. Pauza remains a talented educator. He developed a Spine Fellowship program and continues to train physicians from throughout the world. He has headed several international committees responsible for establishing standards and educating surgical and non-surgical physicians.
Dr. Kevin Pauza’s procedures are revolutionizing medicine. Dr. Pauza believes in finding better, less invasive ways to help people live pain free lives. His research, publications & studies are available here for potential patients. Don’t take our word for it, the proof is in the science.
Published Articles by Dr. Kevin Pauza:”
- Intra-Annular Fibrin Discseel®
- Intradiscal Injection of Fibrin Sealant for the Treatment of Sympotmatic Lumbar Internal disc disruption: Results of a Prospective Multicenter Pilot Study with 24-Month Follow-Up
- A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Intradiscal Eletrothermal Therapy for the Treatment of Discogenic Low Back Pain
- Provocative Cervical Discography Symtom Mapping
- Fibrin Injection Stimulates Early Disc Healing in the Porcine Model
- The Value of Medical History and Physical Examination in Diagnosing Sacroiliac Joint Pain.
- Treatment of Annular Disc Tears and “Leaky Disc Syndrome” with Fibrin Sealant
Co-Author, Encyclopedia of Pain: Ed. Gebhart, GF and Schmidt RF. Spring, 2013
Contributing author, i Spine: Evidence-Based Interventional Spine Care: Ed. DePalma, 2012
Contributing author, Back Pain: How to Treat Lower Back Pain, With America’s Foremost Expert. Ed. Lieberman R. 2014